The DZM2and DZM3 are the only solutions that provide position reporting, data and voice communications simultaneously in a compact, lightweight hub. The hardware is designed for permanent installation in any aircraft with an intercom system, but also comes in a portable version. While the DZM3 only requires an external antenna to operate, the DZM2 must be coupled with both the Iridium 9555 satellite phone and an external antenna.
The DZM transmits operational information and custom data through canned messages, while acting as a built-in and portable satcom solution all in one with integrated voice and data communications. Connected devices can be used at all ICS positions, providing crew and passengers with global point-to-point communications. The DZM also has the ability to send data from other equipment such as fax.
Compliant with USDA Automated Flight Following (AFF) regulations.
- very feature rich
- simple to use
- voice integrated with ICS
- end-to-end solution
The Flightcell DZM Hub is compact and lightweight and can be installed in the communications panel of the aircraft or can be a portable self-contained unit. The simple user interface allows the pilot to send ad-hoc or canned messages using the 16-digit keypad and view received messages on the screen. The DZM interface features both distress and cancel distress buttons, and has the ability to manually mark position reports with the push of a button.
The unit runs on the Iridium satellite network and has an external antenna connector that is compatible with an externally mounted antenna.
- Antenna is installed on the exterior of the aircraft with an unobstructed view of the sky
- This antenna is approved for use by the FAA under a Technical Standard Order (TSO)
Built for Guardian by mapping experts, Guardian Mapping features rich data sets, including Google maps data. It offers multiple map layers, including topography, current weather, and the ability to add custom data (locations, third-party and company-specific maps).
Key Mapping Features:
- Two-way messaging through the mapping interface
- Map "trips" with takeoff and landing points automatically recognized
- Use event based trip processing and select desired trip start and end tags
- Generate useful reports, including total time and distance flown for any given period, and for any and all aircraft in a fleet
- Create and edit customer landmarks, including air strips, landing pads and fuelling stations
- Set geofences to be alerted when an aircraft strays into or out of a set zone
- Additional map layers include current North American weather, Aeronautical charts and TAFs and METARs worldwide
- Create custom map layers from third party or proprietary maps (for companies with mapped assets, like pipelines)
- Export data into KML (Google Earth) format, to create a virtual fly-through of an existing flight
- Securely rendered maps (256 bit encryption)
- Search tools: search by latitude-longitude, and by ICAO codes for airports
Guardian Mobility Mapping Partners
Guardian Mobility products are also integrated with the following maps for your convenience:
Iridium 9555 Satellite Phone
- The smallest satellite phone Iridium has ever made
Iridium Phone Mount
- With built-in antenna, data, power supply and ruggedized alloy frame
Flightcell GA Pro and Iridium DPL Handset
- Talk on any cellphone through your headset without connecting it to the communications panel
The Iridium satellite network has truly global coverage. The system is comprised of 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites that are evenly spaced around the planet, and is the only connection available in some parts of the world. This network is ideal for devices requiring two-way communication capabilities.