The Guardian Mobility G5TM provides global, real-time Automated Flight Following (AFF), Aircraft OUT,OFF,ON,IN(OOOI) event notification(V3.00 firmware), and Two-Way Text Messaging. As a stand-alone system, it can be moved from aircraft to aircraft with no need for an STC. The Guardian 5 is Iridium certified.
- Regular position reports are sent automatically, at a user-defined rate.
- MARK and ALERT reports can be sent by pressing the dedicated buttons.
- Text messages, either preformatted or free form, are sent in near real-time.
If Automated Flight Following (AFF) or two-way text messaging between the ground and the flight crew is required, the GUARDIAN 5 is the solution.
- Regular AFF reports provide position, altitude, speed, track and time and you can select the report time intervals. An authorized user on the ground can view the position reports for the current flight or select a past flight to view an historical track on an interactive map.
- The User may optionally select from several preprogrammed OOOI speed threshold options or a Custom configuration to allow Depart, Taxi, Takeoff, Inflight, Landing and Arrival information to be sent to the Ground Mapping System.
- The MARK button allows the pilot to instantly mark a waypoint and send the position in a special report to the ground.
- The ALERT button allows the pilot to send an immediate position report with an Alert status to the ground. Periodic position reports are sent at a faster, user-selectable rate until the ALERT is cancelled.
- The ground system operator or the pilot can enter free-form text messages of up to 150 characters and send them immediately. Alternatively, the pilot can select any one of 99 canned messages. The pilot can edit and send a selected canned message, or send the canned message, or create a free form text message and send.The user can edit or create new canned message lists tailored to their flight operations and missions.
- The Guardian 5 can receive and display on a color graphic display text messages from the ground system. The received and sent messages are displayed in time sequence in a conversational mode for easy crew access.
- robust & portable
- AFF and OOOI
- no STC
- end-to-end solution
- iridium certified
The Guardian 5 is the first building block of the system. It is a flexible, portable unit that communicates via satellite for real-time communications anywhere in the world. Data servers that provide access from any web browser or smart phone round out the network
The Guardian 5 communicates via the Iridium satellite network, and uses the GPS network for accurate position fixes.
- Weight: 12 oz. (350g)
- Power: Internal rechargable Battery (Life: 3-5hours typical usage)
- Size : W 125mm * H 76mm * D 76mm (W 5.00inch * H 3.00 inch * D 3.00 inch) )
- Operating Temperature: -20 Deg C to + 55 Deg C ( -4 Deg F to +131 Deg F)
- User Interface: 7.2cm (2,8inch) Color graphic display, with Rotary press to select controls, soft keys and dedicated Mark position and Alert buttons
- External interfaces: GPS-SMA, irdium-SMA , USB , RS 232 serial, 12VDC external charging power
Guardian 5 base configuration includes
- 101472- GUARDIAN 5 Unit PN
- 101504- GUARDIAN 5 12VDC Power/Charger cable(Cig lighter) PN
- 101517- GUARDIAN 5 110-220VAC-12VDC/1A wall power charge adapter
- 101519- GUARDIAN 5 USB to USB mini cable
- 101492- CDROM - User Manuals. (Contains User Manual PN 101491, Install Manual 101490, quick start guide 101508 and PC utilities.)
- Please select mounting bracket, active GPS and iridium antenna options from the accessory list or use your own compatible antennas.
- Talk to your Guardian Mobility sales representative or valued international partner to discuss other options you may require.
Guardian 5 AirTime and Mapping Services
- Choose from 400 to 4200 messages per month per Guardian 5 equipped aircraft. Messages are of any type (e.g. Text messages and GPS positions).
- Alternatively contact your sales representative for fleet wide plans tailored to suit your needs. With airtime plans the following ground based web accessed mapping features can be included.
- Premium Mapping includes the following features:
- 5 web users may acees the mapping systems at any time
- 35 day data retention
- Near real-time trip tracking
- Poly-line geofences, and radial geofences
- Street view, hybrid view, satellite view and topographical view
- Aeronautical charts and airport icons
- .pdf and .csv Reports
- Automatic e-mail alerts from Guardian 5 Alerts for up to 10 e-mail addresses
- Export data into KML
- Encrypted maps (256 bit encryption)
- GPS and iridium puck style non-magnetic Antennas are connected to the exterior of the device using SMA/SMB connectors
- The Antennas can be positioned in the cockpit for optimum satellite reception, and removed with the Guardian 5 after the flight
- Antenna is installed on the exterior of the aircraft with an unobstructed view of the sky
- Best suited for situations where the antenna must be securely fastened to the exterior of the aircraft permanently
- This antenna is approved for use by the FAA under a Technical Standard Order (TSO)
Built for Guardian by mapping experts, Guardian Mapping, Premium Edition, features rich data sets, including Microsoft Bing mapping data. It offers multiple map layers, including topography, current weather, and the ability to add custom data (locations, third-party and company-specific maps).
Key Mapping Features:
- Two-way text messaging via the mapping interface. The Ground operator can converse with any Guardian 5 equipped aircraft
- Text messages from the Guardian 5 can be automatically routed to your designated email account or accounts
- Map "trips" with takeoff and landing points automatically recognized
- Use event based trip processing and select desired trip start and end tags, and also OOOI
- Generate useful exportable reports, including time and distance flown for any given period,and for any and all aircraft in a fleet
- Create and edit customer landmarks, including air strips, landing pads and fuelling stations
- Set geofences to be alerted when an aircraft strays into or out of a set zone
- Visual and audio map indications for Alerts from the Guardian 5, and Mark postion events identified
- Additional map layers include current North American weather, Aeronautical charts and TAFs and METARs worldwide
- Create custom map layers from third party or proprietary maps (for companies with mapped assets, like pipelines)
- Export data into KML (Google Earth) format, to create a virtual fly-through of an existing flight
- Securely rendered maps (256 bit encryption)
- Search tools: search by latitude-longitude, and by ICAO codes for airports
Guardian Mobility Mapping Partners
Guardian Mobility products are also integrated with the following maps for your convenience:
- The Guardian 5 can be hand held or mounted on an optional universal quick release bracket
- The universal bracket allows for aircraft or velcro mounting as well as being compatible with the RAM mounting systems
- RAM systems allow for suction or clamp type mountsfor ease of use of the Guardian 5
- An optional dual antenna mount is available for either quick release mounting on top of the Guardian 5 or for remote location in the cockpit
- 101482- GUARDIAN 5 Universal quick release Mounting Bracket with RAM mounting holes
- 100830- Iridium patch antenna and cable
- 101486- GPS active Patch antenna and cable
- 101502- 28VDC to 12VDC Power convertor(Cig lighter)
- 101488- Antenna mounting bracket
- 101517- 110-240AC to 12VDC/1A Wall Power charger adaptor
- 101504- GUARDIAN 5 12VDC Power/Charger cable(Cig lighter)
- 101520- GUARDIAN 5 weather resistant handy carry bag. Will hold Guardian 5, cables, antennas and charger
- Talk to your Guardian Mobility sales representative or valued international partner to discuss other options you may require
The Iridium satellite network has truly global coverage. The system is comprised of 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites that are evenly spaced around the planet, and is the only connection available in some parts of the world. This network is ideal for devices requiring two-way communication capabilities. The Guardian 5 is Iridium certified.