The G7 is a robust, full-featured modular system that can be built onto over time. This system is perfect for fleet operators who are looking to reduce their data costs by receiving timely data, or who want to communicate back and forth with the pilot via 2-way text messaging.
The building blocks of the G7 system are: the hardware, the user interface and partner applications. Together with our Guardian Partners, we can make your data from on-board aircraft systems flow to the ground in real-time, then push important data into existing ground systems to be accessed by multiple departments.
The G7 OOOI-enabled system is here. This system uses on-board sensors to gather information such as: door open, door closed, wheels up, wheels down, engine start, engine shutdown and more. This information is automatically transmitted to the ground, reducing the cost of data entry, increasing operational efficiency and the accuracy of records.
The G7 end-to-end solution comes complete with a web-based mapping interface that can be accessed from virtually anywhere including your PDA or Smartphone.
Compliant with USDA Automated Flight Following (AFF) regulations.
- feature rich
- partner integrated
- end-to-end solution
The G7 hardware is the first building block of the system. The basic functionality of the unit is to transmit aircraft tracking data, but works with the G7 User Interface and Partner on-board applications to send data from air to ground in real time. You can add both the User Interface and Partner applications to the G7 Hardware, or you can add them independently of each other to suit your needs.
The G7 runs on the Iridium satellite network and has external antenna connectors that are compatible with both patch and externally mounted antennas.
The Guardian PDA is connected to the G7 Hardware and has two functionalities:
- First, it enables the pilot to send 2-way text messages with the ground, both canned and free-form
- Second, it provides templates for pilots to enter valuable information and send it in real-time, therefore eliminating paperwork and data entry
Guardian Mobility has existing partnerships with the manufacturers of on-board applications. This integration allows you to send data from their system through the G7.
Become a Guardian Mobility Partner
Whether you're a manufacturer of an on-board system for aircraft, a ground system for aircraft, or someone who wants to deliver more value to end customers, becoming a Guardian partner is worth looking into.
Our G7 has the ability to send data from on-board systems directly into existing ground systems with endless possibilities. The application programming interface (API) makes it easy for the G7 to talk to other technology, making Guardian Mobility the best choice for your data integration.
- Antenna is installed on the exterior of the aircraft with an unobstructed view of the sky
- This antenna is approved for use by the FAA under a Technical Standard Order (TSO)
Built for Guardian by mapping experts, Guardian Mapping, Premium Edition, features rich data sets, including Microsoft Bing mapping data. It offers multiple map layers, including topography, current weather, and the ability to add custom data (locations, third-party and company-specific maps).
Key Mapping Features:
- Two-way messaging through the mapping interface
- Map "trips" with takeoff and landing points automatically recognized
- Use event based trip processing and select desired trip start and end tags
- Generate useful reports, including total time and distance flown for any given period, and for any and all aircraft in a fleet
- Create and edit customer landmarks, including air strips, landing pads and fuelling stations
- Set geofences to be alerted when an aircraft strays into or out of a set zone
- Additional map layers include current North American weather, Aeronautical charts and TAFs and METARs worldwide
- Create custom map layers from third party or proprietary maps (for companies with mapped assets, like pipelines)
- Export data into KML (Google Earth) format, to create a virtual fly-through of an existing flight
- Securely rendered maps (256 bit encryption)
- Search tools: search by latitude-longitude, and by ICAO codes for airports
Guardian Mobility Mapping Partners
Guardian Mobility products are also integrated with the following maps for your convenience:
- With suction cup system to mount your G7 User Interface for ease of use
- Available with a rechargeable or non-rechargeable battery
The Iridium satellite network has truly global coverage. The system is comprised of 66 Low Earth Orbit (LEO) satellites that are evenly spaced around the planet, and is the only connection available in some parts of the world. This network is ideal for devices requiring two-way communication capabilities.